February 26, 2019
With planned giving, you can provide long-lasting support for Great Lakes Boat Building School while enjoying financial benefits for yourself. Gifts to GLBBS are an investment in the future of the men and women who study here in the Les Cheneaux Islands.
You can touch the lives of students while creating a lasting legacy, enjoy a wide variety of tax benefits and help GLBBS achieve its goals for current and future generations.
Anyone who has the vision and motivation to provide for Great Lakes Boat Building School’s long-range needs can make a difference through planned giving. You are invited to consider how your philanthropic goals align with the future of GLBBS.
WHY ARE PLANNED GIFTS SO IMPORTANT TO GLBBS?
- Planned gifts contribute to the future security of the School.
- These gifts represent financial resources the School can look forward to in the future.
- A planned gift is often substantial – even from individuals and families of modest means.
- These gifts often lead to increased giving from other donors to the School’s additional fundraising initiatives.
WHY PLANNED GIVING IS IMPORTANT TO OUR DONORS?
- Planned gifts are a means for you to make a substantial gift to Great Lakes Boat Building School without depleting your day-to-day income or your retirement assets.
- These gifts often provide meaningful tax advantages AND many offer opportunities for lifetime income for yourself or other family members.
- Donors deem where and how their gift is used. You have control over how your money or other gift is spent.
- A planned gift is a way for you to share in both the present and the future of Great Lakes Boat Building School
What to GIVE
- Gifts of Cash
- Gifts of Stock and Bonds
- Gifts of Real Estate – homes, vacation properties, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch, or commercial properties
- Gifts of Retirement Assets – part or all of your unused retirement assets such as a gift of an IRA, 401(k), pension or other tax-deferred plans
- Gifts of Insurance – list Great Lakes Boat Building School as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy
How to Give
- Bequest – a bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of a financial advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to Great Lakes Boat Building School as part of your estate plan.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts – you can designate GLBBS as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment, or bank account AND/OR your life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – transfer your cash or appreciated property to our organization in exchange for fixed payments to you for the rest of your life
- Charitable Lead Trust – you fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – you fund a trust that makes payments to you or your family for a specified period of time. GLBBS then receives the remainder of the trust.
I’m Interested. What do I do Now?
We would encourage you to continue to explore different planned giving options with our Development Team. To connect with us, please contact Ryan Hinnen, GLBBS Executive Director for Development.
I have already included Great Lakes Boat Building School in my estate (or have provided for a planned gift to GLBBS). What should I do next?
Thank you for planning for our future. If you have not yet notified GLBBS of your plans, please do so using the form below.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PLANNED GIVING
For additional ways to support Great Lakes Boat Building School, click here.
« Back to Stem2Stern